Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2019

Waste Pro, Week 1

Last week was Week 1 of Waste Pro, the new trash service in Hendersonville. By all accounts, it was somewhat rough.

This week will be the second week -- if you're on the Indian Lake Peninsula, your pickup is tomorrow (Monday, July 8th).

Here's more on Week 1 from Ward 2 Alderman Scott Sprouse:

Today was the first day of trash collection on the Walton Ferry Peninsula under the new service provider. You don't need me to tell you the change has not gone well. Many of you just have to look out your backdoor and see a full trashcan. Yesterday (first day on the Indian Lake Peninsula) wasn't very good either.
I voted against the change to once a week and the change to a new provider, but I was in the minority. Once the decision was made, however, my job became helping make it work. Quite frankly, we have a way to go.
I am reporting misses, escalating second misses, and working with staff. I am answering questions and striving to clear up misinformation, including when an employee of the new company told someone erroneously cans had to be visible from the street in order to be picked up. (This is not a requirement as it is impracticable if not impossible at many homes.) We were able to nip that one in the bud pretty quickly. This afternoon, I had a conversation with the new company's representative about setting expectations both ways. I had my most recent conversation with our acting Public Works Director this evening.
If you have a miss, the best way to let me know is via direct communication. I cannot guarantee I will see every comment posted in every discussion in social media. Please contact me via a Facebook private message, phone call (615-824-9327), text message (same number), or email (ssprouse@hvilletn.org). I will do all I can to help.

And, an end of week update with positive news:

Waste Pro has crews out today working specifically on misses from Monday through Wednesday. (Originally, they planned to take today off for the holiday.) So far this morning, two people for whom I have reported misses have told me their trash was picked up this morning. We still have a way to go, but I'm taking this as a good sign.

How did it go for you? Keep us posted: newshendersonville@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment