Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2020

The Paddling Alderman

Hendersonville Alderman Russ Edwards has come out decidedly in favor of paddling in schools in a Facebook post. Here's what he had to say (and the picture he attached):

I distinctly remember being paddled many times by my middle school principals and teachers, almost all of which I deserved. They hurt so badly, but I couldn’t cry because I would have been made fun of. I couldn’t tell my parents because I would have gotten in trouble for getting a paddling. My parents certainly wouldn’t have complained to the school or taken my side in any way. It was just something I accepted - I got in trouble, I got paddled.
Mine was probably the last generation of students to get paddled at school. I know this is a controversial topic, but I’m glad I was paddled.






For more on news impacting Hendersonville and Sumner County, follow @HvilleNews

No comments:

Post a Comment