Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

LeMarbre to Become Interim City Administrator

Alderman Russ Edwards with an update on BOMA business from last night's meeting:

Our meeting last night (Nov. 26th) lasted until almost midnight. A substantial majority of our time was dedicated to discussion of appointment of an interim city administrator. That was approved by a vote of 10-3.
Dave LaMarbe, Hendersonville’s former parks director, was named the interim CA. He is very well respected and will able to help us transition to a permanent CA. One of the stipulations in the resolution is that he will NOT be named the permanent CA. Al
so, this position is only for 6 months.
This was an incredibly difficult decision for me, one that I really struggled over. I voted in favor of it along with Darryl Woodcock and Eddie Roberson, and all three of us consistently voted against having a CA. One of the reasons for my vote is that I did not want any more accusations that the hiring process for the permanent CA was be obstructed in any way. The interim CA will oversee the advertising process of the permanent CA. While I did not want a CA, out of respect for BOMA’s decision to hire one by a majority of its members, we need to move forward with hiring a permanent CA as expeditiously as possible.
I really wish we we did not have to make the decision to hire an interim CA, and I’m not blaming anyone for it. I feel, though, that the correct decision by BOMA was made last night under the very difficult circumstances that are presented.
As I said in the meeting last night, this to me is similar to having an unplanned child. Having a CA was not in my plan, but now that it’s here we need to embrace it and try to find the best person to fill that role. I want the CA to succeed in making Hendersonville an even better place to live, work, and raise our families.
On a lighter note, I wish everyone a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

For more on news impacting Hendersonville and Sumner County, follow @HvilleNews 

No comments:

Post a Comment