Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Scott Sprouse Talks Trash

Hendersonville Alderman Scott Sprouse (Ward 2) took to Facebook to talk about ongoing problems with the city’s trash vendor, Waste Pro. Here’s what he had to say:

Based upon the calls and texts I’ve received, trash pickup this week is worse than last week, especially routes on the Walton Ferry peninsula yesterday and more so for the route serving the area south of Luna Lane. Waste Pro starting running a rolling schedule this week, meaning they start each day by finishing the previous day’s routes before starting the routes scheduled for that day. That means they were supposed to finish the Walton Ferry peninsula routes today before moving on to other areas of town. Please message me directly if you do not receive service by the end of today. My email address is ssprouse@hvilletn.org. You may call or text me at 615-824-9327.
In May 2019, I cast the lone vote against selecting Waste Pro and changing to once a week service. My vote was based upon my experience gained over the years and my concerns that unfortunately have since been proven justified.
Please be assured city staff and officials are fully engaged with this issue. Waste Pro is expected to uphold their contractual obligations. If they don’t, the city has the ability to terminate the contract, but that is a process that requires time and documentation. As a practical matter, it also requires the city to make arrangements to have a new provider ready to assume the work.
The bottomline is the situation is unacceptable. I understand the anger. I share the frustration. I will not accept COVID-19 as an excuse. The pandemic did not cause the problems with our trash service, it only more fully revealed problems already there.
I have read people suggest bringing trash to aldermen’s homes. If I were in your shoes, I would think the same thing, but instead of putting that messy burden on my neighbors, please let me come to you. I’m ready to borrow my father’s pickup and make runs to the dump myself. Just let me know via the email address or cell number provided above.
I am sorry for the trouble. You deserve better.


No comments:

Post a Comment