Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Rhodes Backs Teacher Pay Raise

7th District Sumner County Commissioner Gene Rhodes took to Facebook yesterday to announce his support for a plan to raise teacher pay in Sumner County by $4000:

There has been a lot of back and forth over social media lately in regards to the upcoming budget vote and the teachers pay raise. I myself am a single father of 2 boys who attend Sumner County Schools. I understand what it takes to live on a budget and to be frugal. When I was running for office, I always said That I have to put my personal feelings aside and make the best decision for our county. I want to let everyone know they I am in FULL support of the proposed tax rate that the Budget committee passed on Monday night and I and 100% supportive of the $4000.00 teacher raise. I encourage you to contact all commissioners and beg them to support this. We want this great county to continue to move in a positive direction. Why do you want to go backwards? I also encouraged you to not listen to the small few who only tell you what they think they know and make up a lot of misinformation. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

The vote by Sumner County Commission is scheduled to occur on Monday, August 19th at 7:00 PM.

For more on news impacting Hendersonville and Sumner County, follow @HvilleNews



No comments:

Post a Comment